Get a FREE Pudong Library Card @ Libroary Thursdays

Qilin: Hi Roary, what’s a Pudong Library Card and what can I do with it? 

Roary: With a Pudong Library Card, you can borrow materials from all public libraries in Shanghai, and access a wealth of online resources and databases in Chinese and English for your work and leisure. 

Wondering how to unleash the treasure trove beyond NYU Libraries with your Pudong Library Card? Sign up for the following library workshop on Oct 8th here and let our librarians show you! 

Qilin: How much does it cost to get a Pudong Library card?

Roary: If you apply at Libroary Thursdays on Oct 10th 12-2pm @ the Library, you can have the 100 RMB deposit wavied and get a card for FREE

Qilin: Sounds great! Is there anything I should bring for my application? 

Roary: Your will need to bring the original copy of your Chinese ID card 身份证 or Passport (foreign nationals only). More valid ID types can be found in the application form (Google Drive link), which you are more than welcome to print out, complete and sign in advance.

Qilin: I’ll make a note of that. How soon can I get my card after submitting my form? 

Roary: Printing of a card generally takes less than five minutes. While waiting, you can take part in fun activities and win prizes!!!

Qilin: Some of my friends already have their Pudong Library Cards – can they just join the games? 

Roary: Of course! Join our “萌”day (十月十日)activities for a chance to win Roary merchandise!

Qilin: Sounds awesome! Just curious, how do I check whether I have an existing Pudong Library Card under my name? 

Roary :You can verify by calling the Pudong Library at 021-38829588 or the Shanghai Library at  021-64455555.

Qilin: Sharing this with all my friends right now so that they are prepared for Thursday. See you then Roary!